We are looking to hire an experienced taxi driver who uses a taxi to transport a person or small group of people from one location to another. They are responsible for basic vehicle maintenance and maintaining a clean cab. They may receive a call alerting them of a location to pick someone up, or they may be hailed by a pedestrian or pick up passengers arriving at airports or other transportation venues.
- Help passengers to load and unloading their luggage, especially when the load is heavy or when the passenger is carrying children and needs assistance
- Ensure safe and timely conveyance of passengers to their destinations
- Pick up passengers from their locations on request
- Assist passengers to board and exit the taxi when need be
- Ensure regular communication with the dispatcher before, during, and after each trip
- Avoid answering unnecessary and lengthy calls while driving
- Negotiate fare with each passenger or activate the taximeter immediately the taxi gets running
- Turn off the taximeter immediately the taxi stops, and collect fare from the passenger
- Reset the taximeter immediately after each run or before another run
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drug that may affect driving
- Adhere to all traffic regulations and pay all necessary levies
- Call passengers by keeping the hail light on when not driving any passenger
- Ensure that the taxi is kept in a clean and working condition all the time.